National War Museum Inside Edinburgh Castle
Scope of works: Pump house was flooded and equipment was old. Replace with new equipment to restore fire cover.
- The equipment had to be removed without disturbing the museum pieces and cases
- The pumps were situated below the museum floor and had to be lifted out through the hatch
- The electric set was removed and replaced first along with the jockey pump allowing site to restore fire cover
- The diesel set was more of a challenge as the steel skid had to be modified to suit the new engine
- As you can see the space was limited and set had to be installed in reverse diesel first then the pump and pipework.
- The job was completed in 8 working days.