replacement of 1975 pump sets
The client found that the repair costs were becoming expensive and frequent due to the age of the equipment and that parts were becoming increasingly difficult to source.
MB Firepumps advised the client to look at various options between retro fit and full replacement costs.
The client decided to proceed with the full refurbishment but keeping to within a tight timescale.
- Client was anxious to keep one pump fire cover at all times, with as little downtime as possible.
- Our engineers fully installed one new modern equivalent set with a temporary supply to the system
- The second set was replaced with a matching set at pump No1.
- A new initiation board was fitted and wired before removing the old system.
- The final change over from the temporary supply left the client without fire cover for only 6 hours before restoring the site to 2 diesel driven fire pump cover.
- Site now consists of 2 x diesel driven fire pumps, 2 x jockey pumps (one as a back up) and new Initiation board, complete reconfiguration of the discharge pipework.